Sunday, November 11, 2007

Electrician = Magician?


We needed another outlet in the laundry room for our new sump pump, so our neighbor (and former co-worker) Chuck came by yesterday to install one, plus a few more in the basement to make things a little more livable. Then, last night, I turned on the lights in the quilting room/office, and had no power. The breaker wasn't tripped, but both bedrooms were out, although the water softener, on the same circuit, wasn't. Mike was unable to figure out the problem, so we called Chuck back this afternoon. In his words, he just "waved the magic screwdriver" and restored power. Something is apparently loose somewhere, but it's working now.


With the lights restored, I was able to baste this stack-n-whack quilt. I started it last year when my small quilt group did an informal tutorial with one of our members. It hasn't been my favorite project, but the top has been finished for a few months, waiting for a backing and quilting. The focus fabric is a fall print with corn-cobs, so it would be nice to finish it by Thanksgiving. But probably unlikely.

No comments: