Sunday, December 23, 2007

Ice and snow

I slipped and fell on the ice yesterday in the grocery store parking lot. I let out a yelp as I went down, attracting the attention of a lady who actually stopped her car and got out to help me up. She was so nice and concerned, even offering to help me carry my groceries to the truck. I was mainly just startled because I didn't realize I was walking on ice until I fell. I twisted my knee as I went down, but no bruises anywhere. I applied ice and ibuprofen when I got home, and it's feeling better today, other than when I walk up and down the stairs. So no running for me tomorrow - I'll let it rest a couple of days and do some extra relaxing instead.

I volunteer at the library's bookstore about once a month, and worked today for a few hours. It was a slow day, with no customers in the store for the majority of the shift. Carlie and I got most of the shelves straightened out, and priced and shelved some new arrivals, but it was pretty quiet. It was snowy and blowing and drifting all afternoon, which may have kept some folks at home. And with Christmas approaching, more people go to the mall than the library, I suppose. We closed early since we hadn't had any customers in the last hour, and the cash drawer reconciled correctly on the first try (always a good thing).

No comments: