This top is basted and ready for quilting now, thanks to extra time for quilting over the holidays. This traditional pattern is called Snail's Tail, and was recommended for peculiar or weird fabrics. My fabric collection is pretty diverse, with no shortage of candidates. The large, twelve-inch blocks went together quickly, in spite of an error in the magazine's pattern. And, I actually like the way this has turned out. Scrappy and mismatched just appeals to me more than coordinated and modern, I guess.
Thursday, December 27, 2007
Peculiar fabrics
This top is basted and ready for quilting now, thanks to extra time for quilting over the holidays. This traditional pattern is called Snail's Tail, and was recommended for peculiar or weird fabrics. My fabric collection is pretty diverse, with no shortage of candidates. The large, twelve-inch blocks went together quickly, in spite of an error in the magazine's pattern. And, I actually like the way this has turned out. Scrappy and mismatched just appeals to me more than coordinated and modern, I guess.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I agree this is lovely with the variety of fabrics you chose. I just finished a top that was made from a Jelly Roll my sister gave me as a gift and while it's nice - I really didn't like working with fabric from all one quilting line. At least now I know not to go crazy purchasing the Jelly Rolls I've been eyeing. (of course, having the strips cut was a nice bonus).
Hi - nice to visit with you, and thanks for YOUR comment. I'm adding you to my bloglines so I don't miss anything. I LOVE your Snails Trail - have made several of those myself. Fabric IS peculiar and that's it's charm.
Post a Comment