Just 5 months after we first moved all the furniture upstairs to escape the seeping flood, the basement is finally restored, and better than ever with the new carpeting. The new, darker color should be better suited to a household with three cats and three cats' worth of hairballs.
We have had the basement contents spread throughout the rest of the house during the waterproofing and refurbishing, and now that it's all back in place, the rest of the house seems so much bigger! There's room to walk between the table and couch, I can get to the bookshelves (and there is actually some room on the shelves), and Mike can get to and use the spare room workbench again.
As nice as the new carpet is downstairs, though, I was reminded of how much work it is to move everything out of the way, and I don't look forward to doing it again anytime soon, no matter how badly we need to replace the upstairs carpeting.
No comments:
Post a Comment