Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Girl Scout Cookie Time!

Rusty approves of the box.

Did you know I was a Brownie? In the late 60's/early 70's? Yep. I sold cookies for a couple years. And I do mean that -I- sold cookies, not Mom or Dad. I went door-to-door in the neighborhood, and asked people at church. I had to get on the phone and personally ask Aunt Gert if she wanted to buy some cookies. Nobody took the order form to work and sold to co-workers. And my folks wouldn't buy cookies from other parents - only from the girls themselves. Any Girl Scout who was brave enough to ask would receive an order for at least one box.

But we don't know many Girl Scouts anymore (our friends kids are in college now, for pete's sake!), so I usually order them from a parent at work. This year however, since I'm at the small 20-person office instead of the big 4000-person secure fortress, my co-worker Dave was able to bring his daughter in to the office, and she personally took orders. She was almost painfully shy about asking us if we wanted any cookies, but of course we wanted cookies!

Dave did the delivery for her today, so dessert tonight was Thin Mints. (Dinner was waiting for me when I got home - thanks dear!) Since we are so disgustingly healthy now, I only ordered four boxes this year. But these are a reward for going to the gym everyday.

No comments: