

A few years ago, I wanted to try out a quilt-as-you-go method. (I had purchased the book from the author when she spoke at our guild meeting). So I gathered fabrics from my stash and gave it a try. But about three-fourths of the way into a quilt, I lost momentum, and any desire to finish it. It was ugly, and I wasn't enjoying the quilting method. That was also around the time we bought the Boxster - a convertible, complete with removable hardtop and a handy rolling storage stand. What you see in the picture is the colorful result - a quilted hardtop cover. I sewed up the sides of the partial quilt with some more ugly fabric, added some pieces to make it big enough, played around with some of the specialty stitches on my sewing machine on the quilted sections, and had a stress-free time completing it. Besides protecting the hardtop from dust and scratches during the summer while on the stand, we fold it up and store it in the trunk in the winter, where it doubles as the winter driving emergency blanket.
The next time I accumulate enough ugly or orphan blocks, I'm going to make a quilted car cover for Mike.
2 comments:
See, every quilt is needed somewhere, by someone
Wow, and I LOVE this quilt :-)
Post a Comment