I don't know why I get restless in the spring, but once again, I've started going through every room in the house and gathering stuff to get rid of. The boxes have now been filled and loaded into the truck for a trip to the nearest charity store. Good-bye and good riddance to too much unused junk. Clothes, books, miscellaneous free things that we thought we'd use someday, they're all packed neatly, waiting to be discovered by someone else and taken home as a new treasure.
I have also been cleaning off shelves, drawers, my sewing basket, and anyplace where things accumulate because we couldn't make a decision about whether or not we should keep something, or because we forgot we had it. It feels so cleansing to be rid of things, and I find the empty space calming.
Mike, of course, is almost the opposite of me in this respect. He likes to fill all my empty spaces. When this purging mood strikes me, he tries to find a few token items, but then just stays out of my way. That's why he keeps so much of his stuff in the barn. He can fill it up as full as he wants. And he's doing his best.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment