A weekend of forward progress in many aspects...
1. We spent Saturday helping Dave & Ari move into their new house. We helped empty the two storage units, and then Jennifer and I washed dirt, grass and insulation off of all those dishes that I had packed up back in May. Best line of the day, as someone worried about the moving truck contents shifting too much: "Everything already survived a tornado. It should be able to survive the drive to the new house." We wish them peace and much less stress in the new home.
2. Another sourdough/bread-machine experiment: Garlic and Parmesan Sourdough Bread. Even though the dough was too sticky, the texture and flavor are worth another attempt.
3. The second attempt at Steak and Guinness Pie got good reviews at dinner tonight, this time with a local farmer's arm roast, Irish cheddar cheese, and an added can of tomatoes. The sauce was too thin the first time, so I only used about a half a can of Guinness today, instead of the whole can. (Mike graciously agreed to drink the other half can.)
4. Still sewing together the Quilt of Valor blocks - I have 5 of 7 rows done. All the moving and cooking left little time for quilting this weekend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment