Friday, August 8, 2008
On the injured list
The pain in my foot that started a couple of weeks ago did not improve after a week with no running. Three doctors and one x-ray later, the diagnosis today was a bone spur and plantar fasciitis. Next week I go to the sports medicine physical therapist and get fitted for custom orthotics. Meanwhile, no running. I'll be riding the stationary bike for a while. It's oddly depressing, and I'm afraid I'm going to lose all the conditioning that I've built up over the past couple years. I'll probably miss the opportunity to run my first 10K race this fall, and all that perfect, cool running weather. And I'll really miss burning all those calories, and the culinary treats that the calorie burning allowed my to indulge in.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Ohh dear, I know the pain your are in, I have the same, even so I don't run. But the pain is just too much. I have got my insert for my shoes and is a bit better, but not gone. I have just bought a exercise bike to get some fitness happening.Anyway my doctor said if all fails there is always cordisone injection (but apparently very painful) good luck
christine
I wish I had known about your Plantar Faciitis when we had the sew-in. I've been doctoring for it all summer. Not a fine fit runner like you, but in pain anyway. My orthodics are being altered and I've had more pain now without them. Hoping to get them back this week and move on with improvements.
Just happened onto your blog by looking through the HeartStrings ring. Nice to run into someone I know.
Kathy in WI
Post a Comment