Friday, August 15, 2008
The pity party is over
I admit that I was bummed out about my foot, and especially about not being able to run for a few months, missing the nice cool fall running weather. It took me so long to increase my strength and stamina and endurance, and to be able to slowly run those relatively short distances, and I am not looking forward to going back to square one. But, I will. I'll quit saying (and thinking) how much I dislike riding the stationary bike; and I'll keep faithfully riding it to keep up my leg strength. I'll faithfully ice and stretch and keep up a modified fitness routine for the duration, so that I can eventually return to the job of convincing my unwilling, middle-aged body that it can run. I'm not going down without a fight.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I used to run some but I don't think I'd manage very well now. I'm trying to walk and bike more but I'm not getting out as much as I should. I hope your foot heals and that you can get back to running in a few months.
I'll be sending fast healing thoughts your way. Can you swim for variation? I do feel for you!
Post a Comment