I haven't run since August 4 due to plantar fasciitis, but my 6-8 weeks rest are up, so yesterday I took a short treadmill walk and a quick run (really quick - just 30 seconds) to try out my new shoes and see how my foot would react. The news is pretty good: it's MUCH better, although not yet 100% pain free. I'm going to keep up the stretching and icing, and try some more easy walking and running on the treadmill again on Friday. I'll keep the intensity way down for a while, slowly ramping up the distance and running percentage. I'm relieved that progress has been made, and that I most likely will be able to eventually (if slowly) return to a reasonable running routine again. I've been faithfully riding the stationary bike, and doing some elliptical workouts again (pain free), but it will be nice to have the walk/run variety, even if it's only a short workout for a while.
Fall is the best running weather: cool instead of too hot or too cold, and no ice or snow or oppressive humidity to deal with. I've missed my Saturday morning runs. And I know for sure I will not be doing a 10K race in October. But at least I'm seeing forward progress.
1 comment:
My husband is dealing with plantar fasciitis now too and misses being able to run on the treadmill. He'll be happy to hear that he might just be able to get back to it after taking a break for a while.
The donation quilt is cute - I love how great simple quilts can look.
Post a Comment