Saturday, September 12, 2009

A few of my favorite chickens

We made it to the Minnesota State Fair last weekend, and spent some time in the poultry barn. I love the variety and color of the chickens. These guys (gals?) were some of my favorites.




The quilts were almost all behind glass, so I didn't try to take pictures of them, but I took my time browsing through them all, and picked up some ideas for how to quilt the tumbler blocks that I've been cutting out.

We ate foods on sticks, and had our fill of the traditional favorites of Tom Thumb mini-donuts and Sweet Martha's cookies. And for the first time, we even saw the parade! Great weather, and a great way to celebrate the traditional end of summer in Minnesota.

1 comment:

Lori in South Dakota said...

Polish chickens, I love the "frizzles". What was your favorite "food on a stick"??