Sunday, December 20, 2009

Getting ready for Christmas

This was our big preparation weekend for Christmas. Since Detour is a climber, we haven't had a Christmas tree since we brought her home, but this year, I haven't even put up the stockings for the mantle. I was going to, but then decided I didn't want to move that many other boxes to get to them. We did manage to accomplish a lot this week and weekend, however:

- address and mail the Christmas cards
- finish up the Christmas shopping
- make all the Christmas cookies and candy
- go to the Mannheim Steamroller Christmas concert

...plus take Alex to the vet and pick up a prescription for Rusty (we're unfortunately getting pretty good at giving pills to our geriatric cats)
...plus take one of the cars in for some warranty work
...plus take the truck in to get new tires
...plus get some training to take over as the bookkeeper for the library Friend's bookstore (maybe I have trouble saying no?)

I'm looking forward to that mandatory vacation next week. And happy to report that the restrictions are lifted for next year, and I can take my vacation whenever I want.

No comments: