Thursday, February 25, 2010

Feed the cats, feed the cats, feed the cats...

The winter of sick cats has reached steady state, but left us in a position of syringe feeding Alex four times a day, and giving Rusty at least that many meals. Mike's work schedule has kept him out of his home "office" for almost two weeks, so I've been shuttling back and forth on lunch hours, and working half days from home to keep up with the feeding schedule. I've finally started to develop a bit of a process and routine, but it still seems like all I've done lately (besides work) is feed cats and clean up after feedings. I hope nobody sees how many cat food cans we have when we go to the recycling center next time.

We love these little guys, and don't regret our decisions to be their nursemaids, but having never been parents, maybe now we're getting a tiny glimpse of the continual care that children demand. At least we can still leave the cats home alone for a half day. But any vacations will probably require a kennel instead of a cat sitter.

Next week, Mike's schedule is back to normal, so we'll be able to reduce this week's stress by going back to the gym and devoting a bit more time to our respective hobbies.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Grandma Hammond always said "You pay for your upbringing by having children of your own." You just have four legged children.