Saturday, November 17, 2007

The first snow

Snow is later than usual this year, but we finally got a little this morning. 32 degrees, so it was just sticking to the deck and grass, but it's a sign that we will eventually get some winter.

This morning was also the first time I've run in the snow. I went into town to run on the bike trail instead of along the county roads, fearing that even Minnesota drivers forgot their winter driving skills over the summer. The trail was just wet, so it was a pleasant, cool run. Saw some geese and ducks while running, adding to the wildlife count at home, where the yard was full of deer and turkeys when I got back.

We're heading to the Cities today to watch the women's university volleyball team play tonight, their last home match of the season. We've had season tickets for twelve years now, and are just watching these days, as neither of us play regularly in the park & rec leagues anymore.

No comments: