Saturday, January 26, 2008

Bald Eagle Sighting


The weather has improved enough for outdoor running again, so I was back on the bike path today. Not many foks out this morning, which may have contributed to the bald eagle sighting along the river. I was right in town, just below the dam, where the water is open, and thousands of geese congregate. As I came around a bend, the eagle took flight from a spot on the near bank, and flew into the trees across the river. I had my camera, but I'm afraid he was too far away for a good shot. When I came by later in the other direction, he was back on the ground eating something, but took off for the trees again. They're such huge, beautiful, birds. I feel honored every time I see one.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I noticed eagles watching us fish several times and managed to get pictures too, there are some on my blog. They really are amazing to watch. At one lake we fish there is an eagles nest right by the best spot in the lake.