Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Basement Update

The progress on the basement has been slow, which is typical of all our household projects. But the new carpet is due to arrive in two days, so the installation has been scheduled for one week from today.

Plus, I splurged yesterday and bought a replacement ceiling light fixture for the downstairs hallway. I don't remember exactly why or when we took it out, either during the flood or during the waterproofing, but it's been gone for a while. I kept thinking Mike and I would go choose a new one together, but we never got around to it. So last night, when I had time to kill between work and the monthly quilter's guild meeting, I just stopped at the hardware store and picked one out myself (with a quick cell-phone consultation with Mike). He installed it today, so I'm crossing it off my list. Things that only take five minutes to buy (a whopping ten bucks!) and ten minutes to install shouldn't take several months to complete, but sometimes the low priority stuff just never makes it to the top of the list.

No comments: