In the back of my mind, I knew that I would be making a baby quilt for a friend this summer. The baby is due in August, so I thought I had plenty of time, and already had a vague idea of what I wanted to do. If possible, I wanted to wait until the baby was born to make sure the colors were gender and/or nursery-decoration-or-color appropriate.
But then, three weeks ago, I received a shower invitation. Time to get serious about this quilt. Unfortunately I left town right after that for a business trip, leaving only two weeks to work on the quilt. I already had most of the fabric I needed, and the piecing wasn't complex, so I was able to finish the top in a week. Last weekend, thanks to the holiday, I finished the machine quilting - a free-hand looping pattern that I've done before. That left a few nights for the binding while watching TV. I finished it last night, so all I have to do now is take a picture and wrap it before the shower on Sunday.
I'll post a picture after it's been delivered.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment