A few people were asking about my racing quilt fabrics, and I have to confess that the yellow print on the front came from some homemade curtains that I bought at a local thrift shop. There were no selvedges to give a clue to the maker or age, but they were 100% cotton, and felt like nice quilting quality fabric. They weren't faded or sun-damaged at all, so I don't think they had been used much. The large-scale backing fabric was an Alexander Henry print called "Monza", dated 2003. And yes, I did manage to find some more (through the power of the internet) at a shop in Oklahoma. I called them up, and bought the rest of the bolt. Now Mike, and probably a couple other people, will someday receive quilts with this as backing.
Monday, June 23, 2008
Red, White, and Blue
A few people were asking about my racing quilt fabrics, and I have to confess that the yellow print on the front came from some homemade curtains that I bought at a local thrift shop. There were no selvedges to give a clue to the maker or age, but they were 100% cotton, and felt like nice quilting quality fabric. They weren't faded or sun-damaged at all, so I don't think they had been used much. The large-scale backing fabric was an Alexander Henry print called "Monza", dated 2003. And yes, I did manage to find some more (through the power of the internet) at a shop in Oklahoma. I called them up, and bought the rest of the bolt. Now Mike, and probably a couple other people, will someday receive quilts with this as backing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Those are great coins! I saw the bat in the later post - hmmm - maybe you should stay in at dark? lol
Post a Comment