
My job is supposed to involve a fair amount of travel now (although that hasn't materialized yet), so I was looking for some type of quilting handwork that I could take with me. This yo-yo maker seemed to fit the bill. All I need are the plastic yo-yo disks, fabric scraps, scissors, and needle & thread. I was practicing last night while watching TV, and I think I've got the hang of it. They're pretty small, so it will take forever to amass enough to make even a small quilt, and even the eventual quilt will need to be hand sewn. But I've admired versions of yo-yo quilts at quilt shows, and it will give me another way to entertain myself in the evenings when I'm on the road.
1 comment:
I used to take handwork with me when I was traveling but the prep work was a pain so I started taking crochet or knitting projects because I could just grab some yarn and go....now most trips I take a break from *work* and just carry my book.
Post a Comment