Monday, September 15, 2008

Volleyball and Goodwill

The college volleyball season is underway, so Mike and I took our seats at the university this weekend, and watched the Gophers win all of their matches in the weekend's tournament, including two against top-25 ranked teams. They are looking good this year. We went to our first matches about 14 years ago after buying tickets at a charity auction. The next year, they got a new coach and we got our first season tickets (he's still coaching, making it easy for us to keep track of how long we've been doing this). We aren't playing volleyball regularly anymore, but we still enjoy watching, especially the year they played in the championship match (but sadly lost).

We had time to kill before Sunday's match, and I noticed a Goodwill Outlet center on the way. After reading about Bonnie's trips to her local outlet, I had to check it out. I'm not sure if this stuff was unsold at the regular stores, or came straight here. It's not a fancy place, and nothing is sorted, but it was fun to dig through the bins for a little while. Everything is sold by the pound, and most of the goods were clothes, but I found some fabric, including a huge green piece (7-8 yards?) that will be perfect for quilt backings. At $1.29 per pound, I spent a grand total of $3.35.

No comments: