This past Saturday I drove to Des Moines for the AQS quilt show. Unfortunately, none of my quilting friends could go along, but I didn't let that stop me. I got an early start, and spent the full day at the show, gazing with admiration at the quilt displays, and browsing through the vendors' stalls.
Things I learned:
- Unlike the Minnesota show, the Iowa show laid down carpeting to walk on, which was much easier on my feet than hard concrete.
- Hobbs discounts everything at the end of the day; they kept saying they weren't taking anything back with them; everything had to sell, resulting in some good deals.
- I may not have any desire to do applique, but I was stunned by the artistry of some of these quilts.
I came home with some new fabric, of course, and Hobbs batting. And I have many pictures for inspiration until the next time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Good for you---you don't NEED anyone to go with you. Hope you got lots of discounts and maybe ideas!
Post a Comment