The new furnace is not yet working as planned. The resistance coils (aka "emergency heat") work fine, but the heat pump itself tends to just blow cold air, resulting in the house actually getting colder instead of warmer. More work is planned on it tomorrow.
But the Kindle is working great. I've finished my first book, and downloaded a bunch of classics that I've always intended to read. I really like being able to have it in my purse, no matter where I am.
Today's award for worst web site is awarded to DISH network, where I have just wasted way too much time trying to find a link that will let me update the expiration date on the credit card we use to auto-pay our monthly bill. After an unsuccessful search of the "My Account" page, I went to the help page. It cleverly told me that I needed to go to the "My Account" page, but neglected to tell me what to click on to find a place to update the credit card. So next I tried "Live Chat" with a representative. I typed in my question (what link do I click on to update my credit card info?), and they started playing 20-questions wanting to know name, address, phone number, etc.! Why should I have to type all that in for a simple question about how to use the web site! AAAARRRGGGGHHHH!!!! I gave up on live chat and just used the phone. I still had to go through the whole name, address, and phone number routine, but at least she knew how to update the info.
I think I've had enough of computers for one night.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I LOVE my Kindle although I'm trying pretty hard not too look too much at the Kindle 2 ...I keep telling myself I DON'T need to upgrade!
Post a Comment