Tuesday, July 7, 2009

More useful things from ugly fabrics

Remember the cover for the convertible hard top?

Well, we bought a new TV a couple of months ago, and Mike took our old one out to the barn. Using the old DVD player, his plan is to replay races that he's recorded while he works on the cars. So this means it's time for another ugly dust cover - TV+cart size. I've finished the top and one side so far using my stack of abandoned orphan blocks and class sample blocks. Then, at last night's quilt guild meeting, there was a silent auction of UFOs (Un-Finished Objects). I was high bidder on a small pieced top and a box of scrap blocks which should yield enough for the rest of the cover.

It's been very relaxing to quilt without worrying about colors, matching seams, etc. I'm getting a lot of practice at free-motion quilting also, without the stress of needing it to look nice.

No comments: