I hit the jackpot in the garage sale sweepstakes today - a quilter's garage (sort-of).
Friday and Saturday are the primary garage sale days around here. Since I had to work Thursday night (customer in Asia and a 14-hour time difference), I took my time going into work this morning. There was a garage sale near the gym, but nothing interesting unless you had small children. Still on the look-out, I got off the highway one exit before the office, headed into the nearby residential area and followed the first garage sale sign that I saw. From the outside, it didn't look that interesting, but inside, at the back...piles of quilts, fabric, patterns, magazines! The seller said her sister worked at a quilt shop up north, and so I took advantage of the inexpensive goodies: some specialty rulers, and 30's reproduction fabric, mainly. I'm quite pleased with my $6.75 purchases, and have renewed interest in future garage sales.
You just never know what you're going to find.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Congratulations - Mom and Dad will claim you yet!
You lucky shopper!!! Glad you found some goodies!
Post a Comment