Time for another 5K race this weekend, this time on Friday evening. It was a big local event, with more participants than any of the other races I have done, and the first time I've had chip timing. [The chip is a little plastic fob that you tie to your shoe. It automatically records your start and finish time as you cross the lines, so you don't have to do all the mental adjustments from the time the starting gun goes off until you actually make your way across the start line.]
It was cold and damp but not actually raining, and I was back at my least favorite local route, finishing with a long half mile up the hill. But I guess it wasn't so bad, because I ran it faster than the last race on this course, and faster than the flat course in March. I must have been working hard, though, because I was sore for the rest of the weekend.
Today the temps were in the mid 90's, so I'm grateful for the cool race weather on Friday. I don't have any other races planned for the summer, and may not do any more until the fall if it stays warm like this.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment