Has it really been over two months since I blogged? Where has the summer gone? Um, work, a trip to St. Louis, work, and this weekend, apple jelly.
The summer weather must be to the apple tree's liking, because this is the first time I can remember having apples in July. I picked the first batch last week and made apple crisp to take to a friend's lake cabin. Today I picked two buckets full and made two batches of apple jelly. Mike's making an apple desert right now, and we still have more than half a bucket left. The guys at work may be getting some treats on Monday.
While the jelly pulp dripped this afternoon, I got my latest quilt quilted. I haven't accomplished a lot in the quilting department this summer either, but that's OK. It's a hobby, no pressure allowed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment