- Changing jobs was the biggest event of the year for me. After 22+ years combined at big blue and the company they sold us to, I was needing a change. After we were sold, the job opportunities became pretty limited. When I heard that a new company in town was having a job fair, I refreshed my resume, went to the job fair, and got an offer on the spot. Three weeks later, with a raise and a promotion, I started my new job. So far, so good. I have no regrets about making the change.
- Running became a major part of my fitness routine. I started the year most of the way through a "learning to run" program, and finished the year with 5 5K races under my belt, logging about 475 miles for the year. No major injuries, amazing increases in stamina, lung capacity, and overall health. I'm still the slowest runner out there, but that's OK. I'm moving, and actually having fun.
- I kept up the quilting, and ended the year with less fabric than I started with. I only finished 4 crib-sized quilts, but I have one more that is done except for the binding, and another almost ready for quilting. Quilting is a big stress relieving hobby, so I don't worry too much about having accomplishments; I just don't want it to turn into a fabric-accumulation hobby.
- I still read a lot of books, and, being a natural born list-maker, can tell you that I read 46 books this year. (My list of books read goes back to 1995.) Actually, that's a fairly low yearly total for me, being less than one a week. But again, it's for enjoyment, not something I feel compelled to do.
- 2007 was not a big travelling year. The job change mid-year resulted in fewer vacation days for me. We still went to the Formula 1 Grand Prix at Indy in June, and from there to St. Louis for Mom & Dad G's 50th wedding anniversary festivities. That only left me 3 days for the rest of the summer. Jury duty forced a delay in using those few days, so we had a quick fall getaway to Bayfield, WI to finish September. Business travel sent Mike to Australia again, and me to Houston, San Jose, and Boise.
- Our biggest unplanned financial investment was the basement waterproofing, prompted by the torrential 11 inch rain in August. Now it's January, and we're almost (hopefully) done restoring the family room to it's former comfort level.
What's in store for 2008? Unfortunately, we're still too young to retire, so we'll keep working. We'll keep going to the gym and running (to offset all those chocolate goodies). This is also a regularly scheduled car buying year, so stay tuned.
2 comments:
I never kept a list of books I read until I started the blog. At first, I only listed some of the novels I read but now I try to keep my Shelfari list fairly up to date - some still slip through but it's nice to go back and see what's on the list.
Thanks for your comment on my blog and I am glad you are one of my readers. I never thought of started a "books read" list. I think I may need to add that to my sidebar.
Post a Comment