Friday, March 21, 2008

Sick of winter clothes

We had a taste of spring last week, but today it snowed. Not the 7-10" that were predicted, thank goodness, but 3" of really wet stuff.

I'm not much of a clothes fiend, but I'm really starting to get sick of all my sweaters and jackets and coats and boots and winter clothes. I tossed a couple things into the storeroom again tonight for the next trip to Goodwill or the Salvation Army, or a church rummage sale. I just can't bear them anymore, and I know that if I get rid of them now, I will be forced to buy new winter clothes in the fall.

I'm lucky to be able to wear jeans to work most of the time, so I don't have to think about my wardrobe much. And none of the guys I work with would notice what anyone else is wearing anyway. So I don't ask for much...something warm, something that is not a complete cat-hair magnet, something machine washable, something that doesn't require ironing, something comfortable, something designed for, and flattering to someone in middle age (not a teenager), and something a bit nicer than a sweatshirt. Mike would be the first to agree that I am hard to buy clothes for - he doesn't even try.

My local shopping options are not very inspiring. And I'm sure all the winter clothes were replaced with summer clothes back in January, meaning winter clothes should be out in July. So by the time I'm ready to buy in November or December, they'll hopefully be on clearance. It's not something I look forward to, but even my sweatshirts need replacing.

No comments: