Monday, April 27, 2009

Sewing up a storm

Saturday was another HeartStrings get-together, and this is what Anne H (on the right) did with some of the blocks I brought and a center medallion that she brought. I'm always amazed at the creative ways people come up with to assemble these string blocks. (Helping hold the top is Monica, a.k.a Sue's mom - another wizard at assembling tops.)


The group's efforts for the day were also focused on assembling tops from the Happy Blocks that had been sent in from all over. It was fun to see the variety and colors, and the way they came together so well. This is just one of several tops assembled.

Add in a side trip to a quilt shop, a pot-luck lunch, a chair massage, and a lot of fun quilters, and a good time was had by all.

2 comments:

Sheree said...

I agree, a VERY good time was had. Thanks for adding the my enjoyment of the day!
Sheree

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

I love that quilt. It is quite Striking!